Monday, November 1, 2010

I want a Hoverboard! "Back to the future II"



Did you ever imagine yourself riding a “Back to the Future II” hoverboard? I did, and so did Nils Guadagnin who made a copy of one. “Integrated into the board and the plinth is an electromagnetic system which levitates the board. A laser system stabilises the object in the air.” Holysmokes!

"In the making of this work, this artist was thinking about different ways of presenting sculpture. In fact it’s a reflexion on the multiple possibilities of how to give a sculpture full spatial autonomy."
The project have been realised with levitation technology of Crealev company.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool! So it actually works? I remember when I saw those boards in the movie. I also thought the shoes/rollerblades were really cool. Too bad I grew up before I could use either :-(

    /Alexandra

    ReplyDelete